Monday, July 27, 2015

You Probably Should Just Start Here

Good god, it's been years.

So, hi. If you're really curious what I was like 3 years ago (spoiler alert: early-adulthood Dan ("Morty") is super pretentious and basically wants to be Allie Brosh/a Cracked writer), you can read further back from this, but the cringe levels are high, I must warn you (I had to delete one about atheism; trust me, it's for the best). These days, I'm just super pretentious and want to be John Green.

However, instead of starting a new blog, I'm going to keep posting here, mainly because despite how annoying I was, I came up with a blog name I still like (and is increasingly appropriate). So, on a whim, I just challenged myself to write a blog post every day for a year (by my estimation, I will give up on this tomorrow). The idea is typically to create posts that are just transcriptions of the myriad thoughts that fly through my head. These can be anything from funny to depressing to interesting to obligatory, but I promise they will be as genuine as I can make them. This is something I could do on Facebook, but I really don't want every person I've ever had contact with reading what I honestly believe, for reasons that will become apparent.

Today, however, I am just playing a bit of catch-up. Notable events in the last three years:
  1. I started seeing a girl named Kristen. It didn't work out.
  2. I started seeing the same girl named Kristen. It didn't work out again.
  3. I graduated from UC Santa Cruz with a degree in Computer Science: Computer Game Design.
  4. I worked briefly as a temp accounting clerk at a company called Inogen.
  5. I started work at Yardi Systems as a technical analyst. This is ongoing.
  6. I started seeing a girl named Sara. It didn't work out.
I intend to elaborate on most/all of these points eventually. I need to leave room for me to keep posting, which is important, because it needs to be too difficult for me to go back several years and weep at my own ignorance again. See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment